Home » About
Hooper Water Improvement District has provided clean, high-quality drinking water to its customers in three cities, including Hooper, West Haven, and West Point as well as unincorporated parts of Weber and Davis counties since 1968.
As of June 2015, the district maintains more than 170 miles of water mainlines, 800 fire hydrants and 5,177 connections.
The district serves an estimated 19,364 people.
The Weber County Commission gave final approval for the organization of the Hooper Water Improvement District in August of 1966 to provide culinary water service to the area for 350 connections.
The District was organized and is operating under the general laws of the State of Utah pursuant to Section 17A-2-301, et seq., Utah Code Annotated 1953, as amended. In May 1972, the District boundaries were expanded to include a portion of northwest Davis County that added 150 connections.
The District currently contains approximately 10,116 acres and currently has 5,177 connections to the system, most of which are residential.